The JRS offers
its members a quarterly journal called "Bullet-In" with
48 pages A5 size, of which 4 are in colour. The journal is the only
regular publication not in Japanese, that is completely about Japanese
include Chairman's Chat, News Update and Model-In.
The magazine caters for fans of the
and models, old and new.
and should be sent to our Chairman.
A summary of contents
issue #93 (July 2017)
The Bullet-In archive
Our magazine is
available via subscription
Railway Society produces a series of videos. Some, in
with Keio Teito Electric Railways, feature aspects of that company's
Others, filmed by Anthony Robins and Oliver Mayer, take a thematic look
various types of operation, including freight and trams.
AGM & Other
usually has the annual AGM in the London (UK) area, the last
the AGM was held late May - early June but the date is subject to
The AGM date is always announced in the journal.
In Europe, there
are several informal meetings throughout the year
mostly in London & South-East England but also in other locations.
In Japan, there
are several informal meetings and weekend tours
occurring, typically in the Kantō-Chūbu-Kansai areas, occasionally
venturing further afield. Visitors from other regions are always
welcome to join.
The society has
organized many successful tours to Japan:
|People who joined the 2003 tour, taken at the workshop of the
Railway in Matsuyama city in Shikoku.
- in 1994 (October) - covering Tokyo to Kyushu
- in 1996 (March/April) - covering Kansai to Hokkaido
- in 1997 (October) - covering Tokyo to Kyushu
- in 1998 (March/April) - covering Tokyo to Kyushu
- in 2000 (March/April) - covering Tokyo to Kyushu
- in 2001 (August) - primarily covering Hokkaido
- in 2003 (March/April) - covering lines from Tokyo to Kagoshima.
- in 2005 (March) - covering the Kansai area and Kyushu
- in 2005 (October/November) - covering Tokyo to Yamaguchi and
- in 2007 (March/April) - covering Tokyo to Hiroshima, Matsue and
- in 2008 (March/April) - covering Tokyo to Kyushu and
- in 2009 (September) - covering Tokyo to Kyushu
- in 2011 (May) - covering Tokyo to Yamaguchi, plus Matsumoto and
- in 2013 (September/October) - covering Tokyo to Tohoku and
- in 2016 (March/April) - assisting the Railway Touring Company
(UK) Japan 2016 tour
|Members of our 2014 Veteran's Tour of Hokkaido discuss
the rest of the day's agenda at Oshamambe
There is also an annual & informal 'Veteran's Tour' where many of
our long-term members
journey around the rails of Japan, often selecting an
area in particular and occasionally
side-trip to areas of rail interest in other parts of Asia. This annual tour
takes place in the first half of each year.
Please contact our Chairman for further details if
you would like
more information about these informal tours.